Closing Date: 23 June 2017
Salary: 726 954 - 906 651
Director: Engineering Services
This appointment is five (5) year performance based contract.
Remuneration: Paid in terms of Government Gazette 40118 dated 4 July 2016.
Minimum package: R726,954.00 – Mid – R816,803.00 – Maximum – R906,651.00 per annum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering / BTech: Engineering or equivalent;
- Municipal Minimum Competency requirements for Local Government completed or to be completed within 18 months from date of appointment, as per Regulations in Government Notice (if completed certified proof must be attached);
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience at Senior Management level; and * Registration / registrable with a relevant professional body.
Knowledge in the following area:
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Institutional Governance Systems and Performance Management;
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Public Office Environment;
- Must be able to formulate engineering master planning, Project Management and Implementation; and * Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management Regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act.
Key performance areas:
Notice 55/2017 (90.37KB)
Application Form (94.13KB)
Last published 12 June 2017
- To manage infrastructure services provisioning to ensure the rendering of sustainable and affordable services to the community;
- Manage the construction, repair and maintenance and operational processes with regard to water and waste water networks;
- Manage the construction repair and maintenance and operational processes with regard to roads, storm water and building maintenance;
- Manage the rendering of spatial and land use planning and building control; and * Provide project program management planning, technical support and GIS services.