Noël Constable (Executive Mayor)
Party affiliation: KDF
Ward: Proportionally Elected
Committee: Chairperson: Standing Committee Finance; Member of Standing Committee Engineering and Infrastructure; Member of Standing Committee Community, Traffic and Housing
Tel: 023 414 8145 // 062 407 2244
Fax: 023 415 1373
As the Executive Mayor, I have a responsibility to ensure that I take the lead in the delivery of basic services to all our communities. The Community of Beaufort West Municipality must be in a position to reflect and indeed be able to measure the impact that the municipality has had on improving their quality of life.
In terms of legislation, my role of Executive Mayor includes the following functions:-
Last published 26 July 2018
- Identify needs of the Municipality.
- Review and evaluate these needs in order of priority.
- Recommends to the Council strategic programs and services to address priority needs through IDP, and the estimates of revenue and expenditure taking into account any applicable national and provincial development planning plans, and
- Recommend or determine the best way, including partnerships and other approaches to deliver these strategies programmes and services to the benefit of the community.
- Evaluates progress against key performance indicators.
- Review the performance of the Municipality in order to improve.
- the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of the Municipality
- the efficiency of credit control and revenue and debt collection services and
- the implementation of municipal by laws
- Monitors the management of the Municipality in a sustainable manner.
- Performs such duties and exercise such powers as the Council may delicate to the Executive Mayor.
- Reports to Council on all decisions by the Executive Mayor.
- Performs a ceremonial role as the Municipal Council may determine.