Closing Date: 17 April 2020
Salary: R589 091.00 – R764 697.00 PER ANNUM
SENIOR MANAGER: ELECTRO-TECHNICAL SERVICES
SECTION: ELECTRO-TECHNICAL SERVICES
STARTING SALARY T17: R589 091.00 – R764 697.00 PER ANNUM
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting sequences of outcomes associated with programmes designed to accomplish key service delivery objectives with respect to electrical services & mechanical workshop services thr ough the coordination of operations against departmental, statutory and audit guidelines in order to ensure that the services are managed and maintained in accordance with laid down quality standards and customer focussed supporting a better quality of life to the public.
Requirements and Experience :
- B.Sc. Eng. – Electrical or Equivalent (NQF L7) and MUST be in possession of a Government Certificate of Competency (Factories)
- Completed minimum Com petency Level Training or Willingness to complete Minimum Competency Level Training within 18 months of appointment
- At least 5 years post graduate practical experience in the operation and maintenance of HV, MV and LV Electrical Distribution Equipment At least 5 years of senior managerial experience with intimate knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Good communication, interpersonal, motivational and conflict management skills
- Ability to handle stress and take on site decisions
- Financial management - Report writing skills, Computer Literacy (MS Office) and in possession of a valid Code B Driver’s Licence
- Must be willing to work after hours and/ or attend meetings after normal office hours when required
- Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa and M anagerial experience in a local government environment will be added recommendations
- It will be required from the successful applicant to take on permanent residency in Beaufort West within 6 months from date o f appointment
Key Performance Areas:
- Coordinate activities and procedures associa ted with direct supervision and monitoring of personnel, services and the status/ general condition of the Electrical Services, Mechanical workshop and Fleet Division.
- Responsible for the supervision of machinery in terms of Regulation 2(1) of the General Machinery Regulations of the OHS Act, 85/1993
- Analysing activities and information in terms of service delivery and needs of internal customers and inspections in order to identify trends and needs for new services
- Provides policy and operational direction to the divisions applicable by interpreting policies, legislation and trends and guiding the division in implementing updated policies and procedures
- Develop divisional strategy and ensure implementation to provide effective service delivery
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of systems, policies, procedures and processes
- Monitoring legal requirements and government reporting regulations applicable to the named divisions and making recommendations to director as to the implementation or amendment of systems, policies, procedures and processes to ensure adherence to safety and other legal requirements
- Financial control and risk management, plan and manage utilization of resources, handle administrative services of the named divisions
- Control key activities/ programs associated Vehicle Fleet management as well as Electrical projects encompassing installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of reticulation systems and support structures
- Direct and control the implementation of planned maintenance programs to high; medium and low voltage reticulation systems and vehicle fleet
BENEFITS: Attractive benefits are offered such as Bonus equal to one month’s salary * Pension-Provident/Retirement and Medical Aid Fund * Housing Subsidy * Ample leave * Sick leave.
NB: Should you not be contacted by us within 3 months, please assume that your application has not been successful. Certified copies of documentation of qualifications/valid drivers’ licenses must be attached as proof to be considered. The appointment will be subject to an initial probationary period of 6 (six) months after which the permanent confirmation of the appointment shall be reconsidered. Any person canvassing with the view of being appointed in a post shall be disqualified from appointment. NO APPLICATIONS VIA FAX OR E-MAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Full particulars and prescribed application forms can be obtained from Mrs. Leonie Barnard / Ms. Imelda Dourie at telephone 023-414 8165 / 90. Completed applications should be sent to or handed in at – THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER, PRIVATE BAG 582, 112 DONKIN STREET, BEAUFORT-WEST, 6970
Municipal Office 112 Donkin Street , BEAUFORT WEST, 6970
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER
NOTICE 86/2020: SENIOR MANAGER: ELECTRO-TECHNICAL SERVICES (191.81KB)
Last published 31 March 2020