Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Salary: R769 844 midpoint R864 944 maximum R960 143 plus 7% rural allowance
DIRECTOR: COMMUNITY SERVICES
Appointment will be on a 5 (five year), Fixed Term Performance Contract
Remuneration: Paid in terms of Government Gazette 42023 dated 8 November 2018.
Minimum package: R769 844 midpoint R864 944 maximum R960 143 plus 7% rural allowance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Social Sciences/Public Administration/Law or equivalent;
- Municipal Minimum Competency requirements for Local Government completed as per Regulations in Government Notice (certified proof must be attached or to be completed in 18 months after appointment)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience at Middle Management Level; and
- Have proven successful Institutional Transformation within Public and Private Sector * Registration with a relevant professional body added advantage Knowledge in the following areas:
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Institutional Governance Systems and Performance Management;
- Must be able to formulate Engineering Master Planning, Project Management and Implementation; and * Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management Regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act.
- Understanding of council operations and delegations of powers, as well as; – Environmental Health Service Management
- Cemetery Management
- Public Safety and Disaster Management
- Human Settlement Key performance areas:
- All community related services of council
- All council – based related environmental health functions.
- Overhead control of Human Settlement, Traffic Services, Fire Services, Waste Management Services and Parks & Recreation in accordance with relevant Policies and Legislation.
- Integrated services delivery with council’s IDP
- Implementing and Managing an outcome – based performance system in the aforementioned components
- Identifying relevant Development needs in the community
- Personnel Development in aforementioned components
- Advising the Municipal Manager and timelines of the Council with regard to the above components
- Implementation and Maintenance of Employment Equity objectives
- Responsible for the overhead of budget of the abovementioned components
The position is located at the Beaufort West Municipality offices.
The applications for the above position must be accompanied by a detailed CV completed application form obtainable from our website - www.beaufortwestmun.co.za or Human Resource Section.
Please note that the appointment is subject to disclosure of financial interest. Candidates will have to undergo competency based assessment and security vetting. The successful candidate will be subjected to the signing of an Annual Performance Agreement and an Employment Contract.
Please forward a detailed CV with prescribed application form of the Beaufort West Municipality together with your certified copies of qualifications, ID and drivers licence (including details of at least three (3) contactable references).
No late, fax or e-mail applications will be accepted.
- The Municipal Manager, Private Bag 582, Beaufort West, 6970
Hand deliver: The Municipal Manager, 112 Donkin Street, Beaufort West 6970
Telephonic enquiries should be directed to the Municipal Manager: Mr. Kosie Jacobus Haarhoff at Tel No: 023 414 8195/8194 or Director: Corporate Services: Mr Amos C Makendlana at Tel. No. 023 414 8104/8181.
Closing date: Friday 18 October 2019
Notice No. 108 / 2019 (217.8KB)
Last published 30 September 2019