Closing Date: 27 March 2020
Salary: R811,416 midpoint R911,704 maximum R1,011,991 plus 7% Rural allowance.
DIRECTOR: INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
Appointment will be on a 5 (five year), Fixed Term Performance Contract
Remuneration: Paid in terms of Government Gazette 42023 dated 8 November 2018.
Minimum package: R811,416 midpoint R911,704 maximum R1,011,991 plus 7% Rural allowance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering /B Tech: Engineering or equivalent;
* Municipal Minimum Competency requirements for Local Government completed as per Regulations in Government Notice (certified proof must be attached or to be completed in 18 months after appointment)
* Minimum five (5) years’ experience at Senior Management Level; and
* Registration with a relevant professional body added advantage
Knowledge in the following areas:
* Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation;
* Good knowledge and understanding of Institutional Governance Systems and Performance Management;
* Must have extensive knowledge of the Public Office Environment;
* Must be able to formulate engineering master planning, Project Management and Implementation; and
* Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management Regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and;
* Understanding of council operations and delegations of powers,
Key performance areas:
* To manage infrastructure services provisioning to ensure the rendering of sustainable and affordable services to the community;
* Manage the construction, repair and maintenance and operational processes with regard to Water and Waste Water networks;
* Manage the construction repair and maintenance and operational processes with regard to Roads, Storm Water and Building Maintenance
* Manage the rendering of Spatial and Land use Planning and Building Control
* Manage the provisioning and maintenance of electrical and mechanical services to ensure the rendering of effective, efficient, economical, electrical and fleet maintenance service;
* Manage the division: Community Services which include the Sections: Protection Services, Parks & Recreation, Waste & Facilities Management, Human Settlements & Land Affairs as well as administrative support, and
* Provide Project Program Management Planning, Technical Support and GIS Services
The position is located at the Beaufort West Municipality offices.
Forward completed applications on the prescribed form for senior managers reporting to the municipal manager, obtainable from our website - www.beaufortwestmun.co.za or Human Resource Section for the above position, accompanied by a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s licence including details of at least three (3) contactable references to –
* The Municipal Manager, Private Bag 582, Beaufort West, 6970
Hand deliver: The Municipal Manager, 112 Donkin Street, Beaufort West 6970
Please note that this appointment is subject to disclosure of financial interest. Candidates will have to undergo a competency based assessment and security vetting. The successful candidate will be subjected to the signing of an Annual Performance Agreement and an Employment Contract. NB: No late, fax or e-mail applications will be accepted.
Telephonic enquiries should be directed to the Municipal Manager: Mr. Kosie Jacobus Haarhoff at Tel No: 023 414 8195/8194 or Director: Corporate Services: Mr Amos C Makendlana at Tel. No. 023 414 8104/8181.
Closing date: Friday 27 March 2020Notice No. 58/2020: STAFF VACANCY: DIRECTOR INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES (141.86KB) Last published 04 March 2020