Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Salary: minimum R846 307.00 - midpoint: R905 626.00 - Maximum: R996 188.00 plus 7% Rural Allowance
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report directly to the Municipal Manager on key departmental activities
- Determines and articulates the community services' delivery vision, sets the direction
- Applies knowledge, skills and experience to formulate long-term comprehensive outlines of service delivery plans for community service’s needs
- Responsible for the strategic management of the Directorate Community Services
- Execute all responsibilities in accordance with the identified Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) as determined by the Council
- Plan, coordinate and manage activities of the Community Services directorate, managing Traffic, Disaster Management, Cemeteries, Human Settlements, Waste Management, Parks & Recreation, Pounding of animals and Commonage
- In respect of service-delivery activities undertaken by or on behalf of the directorate
- Effectively and efficiently execute projects assigned to, and initiated by, the directorate
- Communication and Civic Engagement
- Customer Relations Management
- Intergovernmental Relations/Cooperation
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences/ Public Administration/ Law; or equivalent.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation
- Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
- Understanding of council operations and delegation of powers, as well as – Health service management
- Cemetery management
- Public safety and Parks and recreation management.
The position is located at the Beaufort West Municipality offices.
Notice 72/2021 (130.06KB)
Last published 14 July 2021