DIRECTOR: INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
Closing Date: 16 November 2018
Salary: R769 844 midpoint R864 944 maximum R960 143 plus 7% Rural allowance.
Appointment will be on a 5 (five year), Fixed Term Performance Contract
Remuneration: Paid in terms of Government Gazette 41173 dated 10 October 2017.
Minimum package: R769 844 midpoint R864 944 maximum R960 143 plus 7% Rural allowance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering /B Tech: Engineering or equivalent;
- Municipal Minimum Competency requirements for Local Government completed as per Regulations in
Government Notice (certified proof must be attached or to be completed in 18 months after appointment)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience at Senior Management Level; and
- Registration with a relevant professional body added advantage
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Institutional Governance Systems and Performance Management;
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Public Office Environment;
- Must be able to formulate engineering master planning, Project Management and Implementation; and
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain Management Regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and;
- Understanding of council operations and delegations of powers,
Key performance areas:
- To manage infrastructure services provisioning to ensure the rendering of sustainable and affordable services to the community;
- Manage the construction, repair and maintenance and operational processes with regard to Water and Waste Water networks;
- Manage the construction repair and maintenance and operational processes with regard to Roads, Storm Water and Building Maintenance
- Manage the rendering of Spatial and Land use Planning and Building Control
- Manage the provisioning and maintenance of electrical and mechanical services to ensure the rendering of effective, efficient, economical, electrical and fleet maintenance service; and
- Provide Project Program Management Planning, Technical Support and GIS Services
The position is located at the Beaufort West Municipality offices.